Kicking off 2018 with #52Ancestors Week 1

I'm welcoming myself back to the land of the living.  As my previous post series indicated my life is as a standard #CrazyBusy.  But drum roll.................add my 4th pregnancy to that crazy life and I kind of gave up trying to keep up with blogging, I was in survival mode.  

However in the interest of a few things, 1) Joining 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks, with Amy Johnson Crow; 2) a renewed enthusiasm for all things social with Family History due to the fast approaching greatest genealogy conference, RootsTech; and 3) a desire to start my 21 Day Challenge again; here I am.

So first to catch you up, I'm happy to report that we were able to get through all of the crazy first of the year PTA happenings without much of any hitch, I survived my 1st and 2nd trimester of pregnancy (phew), and I somehow survived my first official attempt at coordinating a Family Discovery Day.  We had a whopping 764 attendees for our little town of Payson, Utah, which was almost double what we'd had the previous year.  I felt incredibly good about the results, and the amount of beginners who attended as well as families who came together:

  • 40% of attendees were beginners (this is awesome!) 
  • 49% attended with their family, not alone 
  • 50 of the 54 wards in the 6 stakes had someone in attendance 
  • All 6 Stakes had at least 25 families in attendance, which far exceeded our goal of 10 families per stake 
Overall it's been an incredibly busy and successful 6ish months since I last checked in, but I'm super excited for the next 4 incredibly busy but exciting upcoming months.

I've got a baby coming in April, but before then I'm teaching 7 different classes between BYU Family History Library and Payson Family History Center, Teaching 5 different sessions at RootsTech, and going on two or three much anticipated trips (one is dependent on snow). Lots to look forward to.
Join me for one of these RootsTech class sessions
So here's to kicking off 2018 with a great "start", which is our prompt for the first week from Amy Johnson Crow (I'm already behind); and Day 1 of my #21DayFHChallenge. Join me.

Comments

Popular Posts